Prepare income, franchise and gross receipts returns, all sales & use tax returns, annual reports, and US Census Bureau reports. Assist with the preparation of year-end tax accrual calculation and financial statement disclosures. Assist with month end close and general ledger analysis if needed. Assist with Corporate Insurance needs as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare federal and multi-state consolidated tax returns for multiple entity group.
- Prepare necessary work papers/schedules for consolidated tax returns.
- Assist with annual tax accrual calculation and financial statement footnote disclosures.
- Gather pertinent financial information and prepare Income and Franchise tax estimated payments, extensions and schedules timely and accurately.
- Research and keep up to date with all laws and regulations for all related taxes.
- Work with other department members on programs, incentives or methods to reduce company’s tax liability.
- Prepare and file all sales/use tax returns, annual reports and US Census Bureau reports timely.
- Research and advise other company personnel on relevant tax matters.
- Oversee and maintain tax fixed asset listing using Sage Software (FAS 500).
- Assist with tax related due diligence regarding prospective company acquisitions.
- Maintain due date listing to ensure all tax returns are filled on time.
- Serve as back up for cash posting process and bank account reconciliations where needed.
- Work with company personnel to prepare and file all IRS Forms 1099 MISC timely and accurately.
- Work closely with other Finance personnel on special projects.
- Assist department with risk management and insurance functions as needed.
- Assist department with unclaimed property projects as needed.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• CPA (Preferred) in good standing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Background in public accounting 2 years in audit and 3-5 years in tax (with corporate consolidated return experience preferred).
• Strong knowledge base of sales/use tax, corporate and payroll taxes, as well as General Ledger, and other financial procedures.
• Knowledge of JD Edwards and SAP Accounting software; SAGE software (FAS 500); Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
• Consolidated Tax Return software knowledge will be a plus (Go Systems).