About the Company
Located in downtown Buffalo in a brand new, state of the art building with lots of amenities (dog daycare, shopping, dining, gym and more!) our client is an international industry leader that employs over 1600 employees across multiple locations in the US. Due to organic growth and recent acquisitions, they are ramping up their Information Technology department.
Great opportunity to join a team of systems & network professionals working to build a global integrated Cloud platform – basically they are buidling their own version of AWS/Azure. !
Work Schedule: 3 days onsite, 2 remote
As a Sr. Systems Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with the Network Architect to create server and system solutions for the Systems Administrators to implement.
- Act as an escalation point for the Systems Administration team
- Design and implementation of solutions that will consolidate data centers across the Americas, including migration of over 4000 virtual servers.
- Design Domain migration plans for newly acquired companies
- Create solutions to convert from print servers into centrally managed direct IP.
- Design, implementation, monitoring, and administration of system related solutions. This includes technology such as server solutions (traditional 3-tier and HCI), NAS/SAN, backup, SaaS integrations, monitoring and maintenance platforms (update/patch deployment).
- Troubleshooting of complex systems issues and collaboration with adjacent teams on issues in Security or Network as needed.
- Management of technical projects
- Oversight of IT Monitoring tool
- Contribute to defining and implementing “best practices” around all things systems related
- Document systems and processes for both internal department use and user education.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Windows Server administration or Network administration is required.
- Ability to speak in depth to projects where you were responsible for designing solutions, not just implementing them.
Desired skills include 2 or more of the following:
- Active Directory / GPO
- Office 365 Administration
- Virtualization (VMware or similar)
- Citrix VDI
- Backup tools (Veeam ior similar)
*Medical / Dental / Vision plans including HSA & low premium options
*Generous PTO and 401K plan
*Hybrid work schedule to offer greater flexibility
**Free ParkingCreate Job Alerts