About the Company
Located in downtown Buffalo in a brand new, state of the art building with lots of amenities (dog daycare, shopping, dining, gym and more!) Our client is an international industry leader that employs over 1600 employees across multiple locations in the US. Due to organic growth and recent acquisitions, they are ramping up their Information Technology department.
Work Schedule: 3 days onsite, 2 remote
*Low cost Medical / Dental / Vision plans
*Generous PTO and 401K match
**Free Parking / Private Lot
About the Job:
As a Sr. Network Engineer, you will be part of a team that contributes to all network projects from conception through maintenance. The network engineer is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting LAN/WAN communications including VOIP and telepresence.
- Design, implementation, monitoring, and administration of network and communications related solutions. This includes technology such as routers, switches, firewalls, WLCs, APs, ISE/NAC, SD-WAN, ADC, provider circuits, etc.
- Troubleshooting of complex network issues and collaboration with adjacent teams on issues in Security or Systems as needed.
- Management of technical projects with both internal and vendor supplied resources. In some cases, this may include needs assessment, business benefit analysis, equipment selection, low level design, and task scheduling.
- Reporting of environment operational status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Maintenance and improvement of solution efficiencies and security through continuous monitoring, research, and structured upgrades.
- Contribution to suitability, stability, and performance by assisting in definition of policy and “best practices”, monitoring, and reporting on adherence.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation on systems and processes for both internal department use and user education
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in a computer systems related field or possess equivalent experience in IT.
- Network+ or equivalent is required. CCNP or CCIE certification is a plus
Experience and Required Skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with network design and implementation
- Expert knowledge in the following: DNS, DHCP, STP, VLANs, ACLs, IPSEC, WLC, NAC/ISE, OSPF, iBGP, eBGP, VXLAN
- Cisco ACI
- Citrix Netscaler/ADC
- Fortigate and Palo Alto firewalls
- Networking manufacturer platforms (Cisco, Extreme Networks, Alcatel, Brocade)
- There is an expectation of domestic travel for this role, approximately 15%. (6-8 weeks per year. There could be some travel to Europe as well.
Familiarity a plus
- Cisco UCM/UCX VOIP
- VMWare vSwitch
- Microsoft server operating systems