Our client is a leading US based financial services firm seeking a REMOTE Sr. Information Security Analyst to join their Info Sec Team.
About the Job:
This individual will be responsible for the development, implementation, and promotion of effective information security awareness within the organization with the goal of making all employees, contractors, alliances, and other third parties security aware.
Competitive salary + generous bonus. Comprehensive benefits!
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates the development, implementation, and administration of high-level security policies and standards
- Monitors compliance with the organization’s information security policies and standards among employees, contractors, alliances, and other third parties, facilitating remediation by referring problems to appropriate department managers for resolution
- Assists with the development of information security training to all employees, contractors, alliances, and other third parties, as required. Ensures sponsored training conforms to existing policies and standards
- Directs the timely dissemination of information security information
- Serves as an internal information security consultant and liaison to all areas of the organization as a daily activity
- Works with management and the CISO to coordinate policy approval by the Information Security, Continuity, and Privacy Council
- Coordinates and promotes the utilization of the Corporate Information Security intranet web site as an information delivery and awareness tool
- Monitors advancements in information security methodologies and technologies and monitors changes in relevant legislation standards
- Participates in enterprise-wide information security architecture discussions, as required
- Participate in and partner with professional information security associations, such as Infragard and ISSA
- Selects and or works with external vendors, outside consultants, and other third parties to improve information security, as required
- Attends conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Professional security desired (CISSP, CISM, CISA)
- 8+ years of progressive experience in information systems including information security environments
- Ability to lead an enterprise-wide information security program and processes related to vulnerability management and incident response
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of systems architecture such as network and distributed systems, and or mainframe systems
- Knowledge of security services such as firewalls, IDS, vulnerability assessment, and authentication
- Previous management experience is desirable
- Professional certification (CISSP or CISM) is desirable
- Experience within the financial services industry
- Understanding of federal and industry regulations associated with information security, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, GLBA, etc.