Back to all jobsCreate Job Alerts
Sr. Cost Analyst Job Overview
Collaborate with Finance and Operations at multiple sites to collect and analyze detailed financial data and provide analysis and reports of expenses, including forecasts and opportunities to increase efficiency. Provide periodic cost reports, tracking data such as changing material, labor, and overhead costs. Estimate costs and compare budgets with actual expenses; monitor costs after significant changes in products or processes. Assist in the operational rate development & maintenance, cost planning, analysis, month-end reporting and inventory analysis.
· Work with Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to develop accurate cost estimates that will be used to provide price quotes on products and evaluate profitability
· Utilize ERP system to evaluate Bills of Material, Routing, and Labor/Overhead rates
· Maintain standard costs at Buffalo and Canada sites through Daily and Annual Cost Roll activities
· Work closely with Finance teams at all sites to ensure consistent application of corporate policies related to standard product costing and cost accounting principles
· Analyze and review inventory levels at all locations; work with sites to assess excess and obsolete inventory
· Ability to explain finance/accounting concepts to non-financial managers
· Maintain internal controls (consistent with JSOX)
· Assist the Director of Corporate Finance in developing annual cost budgets and periodic forecasts.
· Engage with outside auditors for analysis related to product costing and inventory valuations
· Assist Director of Corporate Finance, CFO, and company leadership on special projects.
· Support other departments with information and analysis when requested.
· B.S. in Finance or Accounting required; CMA preferred.
· Three to five years of related experience in a manufacturing setting required
· Understanding of accounting concepts and related activities
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and ERP systems experience
· Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Understanding of US GAAP
· Highly organized, with attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
· Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Interact regularly with Senior Management
Strong communication skills.