About the Company:
Our client is an industry leader in WNY and in the Top 100 nationally! For over 60 years, they have been a trusted partner for companies throughout WNY and beyond. What sets them apart is their entrepreneurial spirit, cutting edge technology, and ability to help their customers with innovation and growth.
This is a hybrid position.
About The Job:
As a Service Desk Manager, your responsibilities will include overseeing 2 Service Desk Analysts, managing incident resolution, and ensuring the effective implementation of ITIL framework, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability.
- Manage the processing of incoming tickets to the Service Desk via various mechanisms to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned, and corrected
- Develop and enforce Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish incident and request handling expectations and timeframes
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Oversee development and upkeep of service desk knowledge base, including articles, usage guides and FAQs for end users and service desk staff
- Support and foster departmental and company culture through mentoring, training, and oversight of service desk staff
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff performance and training procedures and policies
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk staff
- Develop and enforce escalation policies and procedures
- Manage staffing levels to provide appropriate coverage
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports
- Oversee purchasing policies and procedures for service desk, including those for equipment, hardware, software, and service provisioning
- Work with internal training resources to identity, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, vendors, and peers
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of successful service desk operation.
- Experience with ITSM systems, process development, and documentation.
- Strong deductive reasoning, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage staff, prioritize tasks, and adapt to changes quickly.
- Knowledge of personal computers, networks, servers, and related hardware and software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, and Cloud Technologies is a plus.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package. The compensation for this role varies based on experience and falls within the range of $65,000 to $75,000.
- Incentive program for commissions and referral bonuses.
- Promotion and advancement opportunities.
- Ongoing education to enhance technical and soft skills.
- Unique sociable culture and flexible scheduling opportunities.
- Hybrid work environment with the option to work remotely.
- Work/Life balance is a high priority.
- Client offers employees compensated volunteer time in the community.