About the Company
Our client is a thriving international cloud software and services company with over 20 years of industry experience providing technical solutions to the most widely known companies in the video & communications industry. Fantastic culture and benefits like:
- Fully Remote or Hybrid option & flexibility
- Unlimited PTO
- Low cost Medical (80-95% of premium covered by employer)
- 401K w/ match
- Free access to Coursera
- This position is BONUS eligible
About the Job
ComputerPeople has been tasked with recruiting a Sr. Network Engineer who will immediately contribute to the team, bring new ideas, take initiative, and grow their career! Ideally, they would love someone who is local to Buffalo, NY but they will also consider US-based remote candidates. They cannot sponsor visas of any kind for the role.
The Senior Network Engineer will act as the technical routing, switching, load balancing and firewall expert for production and development networks. These networks are housed within private and public cloud environments. There is a definite push to move ALL systems to the cloud. The Senior Network Engineer will also work closely with the Platform and Application teams as well as the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Linux Systems teams.
- Responsible for the install, configuration, and lifecycle management of all Network devices. [IPS, Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, VoIP Phone systems, Wireless, Firewalls, etc.].
- Migration and support of traditional private cloud environments to public cloud.
- Identify and deploy automated solutions, wherever possible.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
- Monitor and help architect solutions to ensure network capacity, performance, and functionality are within acceptable standards for our clients and vendors
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the security team
- Actively participate in the architecture and installation of carrier class solutions with other teams
- Write documentation, policy and procedures pertaining to the network and its integrity
- Perform on-call duties, as required
- CCNP preferred, CCNA mandatory
- 5+ years professional Network Engineering experience required.
- Carrier or ISP level experience with firewalls, load balancers VPN, routing, switching QoS
- Network automation experience
- High Level Cisco command line knowledge
- Functional in Linux command line
- Docker/Kubenetes knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication
Create Job Alerts