Prepare, review, analyze and present monthly trial balance and financial statements. Verifies accuracy of the accounting transactions and data. Maintains various internal accounting reports and financial controls. Responsible for basic maintenance of accounting functions in the Syteline ERP system. Provides Ad Hoc analytical support on project assignments through
use of the ERP system & other electronic analytical spreadsheet tools and software. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the finance department including: daily bank statement reconciliations, deposits, auto-withdrawal payments, interest, fees and transfers. Oversees accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s degree and CPA preferred.
- 5+ years public Accounting and/or industry experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieves account transactions, posts adjustments; prints trial balances, income statements and balance sheets.
Performs detailed monthly & interim analysis of general ledger accounts
& financial statements.
- Supports daily bank/cash reconciliations and cash flow requirements.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the commission module system and manages the related GL financial accrual activity. Also maintains a working knowledge of the FAE bonus/commission bucket strategy and process.
- Monitors bank statements and posts principal/interest to general ledger.
Reconciles all assigned balance sheet accounts in accordance with department
- Monitors and adjusts when necessary: Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
- Provides intra-departmental professional support on an “as needed” basis to transactional group activity.
- Maintains weekly cash flow spreadsheets.
- Assist in the determination of resource allocation and strategic direction of the
- Assists external accountants/auditors/and tax preparers.
- Creates miscellaneous reports & provides analytical support as needed for
management team as well as other company functional groups.
- Completes State Sales/use Tax returns as well as other statutory compliance filings.
- Processes monthly cost of goods sold journal entries.
- Ensures accounting functions are efficiently documented and cross-trained.
- Updates and maintains various department procedures.
- Understands and works within the company ISO 9001 quality system.