The Senior Accountant must be able to work independently and also be able to collaborate with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance, problem solving and results in a large, fast paced construction company.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and monitor all internal controls and ensure safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and project budgets and expenditures.
- Responsible for processing of accounts receivable, billing and contractor files.
- Provide financial analysis and month-end reporting support to COO and management team.
- Manage inter-company processes with sister agencies and investments.
- Oversee client set-up and billing process.
- Oversee vendor payment process.
- Facilitate all external and internal audit reviews.
- Job costing.
- Identify cost saving projects, including meeting and brainstorming with department heads on efficiency and productivity, recommendation of advanced accounting procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, PWP, Excel, Outlook) and Computerease accounting software.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 3 year’s related experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and auditing procedures.
- Starting pay based on experience