Sales Tax Accountant
The Sales Tax Accountant will prepare monthly sales tax returns, assist with research related to sales tax, and assist with state and local audits.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and use tax returns for various jurisdictions.
- Research projects for various sales tax issues and provide department management and executive management with detailed analysis.
- Provide input in tax planning projects to efficiently structure real estate transactions to minimize sales taxes.
- Provide input in determination of tax consequences to management.
- Assist with state and local tax audits.
- Respond to notices from tax authorities on sales and use tax matters.
- Sales tax exemption document review and maintain a database of executed resale and exemption certificates.
- Monitor and analyze proposed state and local tax legislation, regulations, and cases for tax filings.
- AP & AR invoice review for sales tax compliance.
- Purchase Order review for sales tax compliance.
- Advise/educate accounting staff on sales tax compliance & use tax assessments.
- Review monthly expense report coding and assess Use Tax where necessary.
- Maintain tax compliance calendar for each respective tax.
- Maintain and organize all files and tax records within the Tax Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus.
- 1-3 years of tax or accounting experience in a CPA Firm or corporate tax department.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and by deadline.
- Must be a team player that is able to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments.
- Must be Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Create Job Alerts