The Risk and Compliance Manager will help design, develop, implement, and promote awareness of the organization’s compliance risk assessment process and compliance policy system and processes. We seek a professional to apply in-depth knowledge and experience to design and deploy a sustainable and repeatable risk assessment system and process to help identify and prioritize key compliance risks. We also seek a professional to help govern compliance policies and procedures and ensure that employees are aware of compliance expectations and requirements.
- Execute ongoing consulting engagements with all business areas to identify and mitigate areas of risk through enhanced control framework, process efficiencies, best practices, and ensure strict adherence to federal, state, and client guidelines.
- Create and manage the Vendor Management System, including risk assessment methodologies, pre-contract due diligence requirements, and contract reviews.
- Provide the Facilitation Committee with the formulation of company strategies, vision, and concerns impacting the organization.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops and implements corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
- Maintain the risk appetite and key risk indicators across all lines of business with escalation to the Facilitation Committee.
- Identify strategic cross-functional opportunities, develop project plans, and act as project manager through completion.
- Monitor, track, investigate and escalate operational incidents and potential fraud.
- Govern the design, management, and communication of compliance policies and procedures.
- Design and deploy a sustainable and repeatable process for conducting compliance risk assessments across the organization.
- Develop or recommend revisions to policies and procedures related to federal or state compliance requirements.
- Conduct proactive auditing and monitoring to ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in vendor risk management (e.g., privacy, security, and legal requirements).
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and grow organizational change across various workflows, services, and teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and project management skills.
- Bachelors’ degree is required; a Master’s or other advanced degree is preferred.