Role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user software and service requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone or service desk software to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
Collects, responds to, and resolves or escalates requests submitted through the firms Service Desk software system in accordance with pre-determined Service Level Agreements and documented processes.
Deploy pre-packaged software using established tools and processes as requested by end users.
Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required.
Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource in accordance with approved and documented policies and processes.
Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users and contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed
Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
Ability to follow standard processes and procedures.
Associates Degree or higher in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1-2 years help desk experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
This role is Hybrid. During the first few months, there will be the expectation of being on site 5 days a week for training. Once training is complete, the schedule will move to Hybrid, with 3 days in office and two days remote.
There could be some inner office travel to Rochester or Batavia, so reliable transportation will be needed for this role, as well as a clean driver’s license.Create Job Alerts