About the Company
Our client has 100+ years of experience and has been recognized as a top performing company in their industry, both locally and nationally for many years. Position is open due to a retirement.
Hybrid – 8 days / month onsite
*Open to candidates willing to relocate to Buffalo, NY
- 20+ days of PTO plus paid holidays
- Generous Bonus
- Medical Insurance with low premiums
- 401K with generous match
- Hybrid work schedule requires only 8 days/month onsite.
About the Job
In this role, you will be the primary person responsible for AS/400 Administration, including:
- Operating systems upgrades, patching application software, general maintenance
- Security administration, creating user profiles and setting up security groups, file security
- Maintains specific systems assigned to the Operations team including but not limited to the Email system (Delivery, SPAM, Encryption, and Archive), Physical Hardware Health and Maintenance (Storage and Servers), and any other systems assigned to the Operations Team.
- Responsible for computer batch processing schedule and ensures that requirements are coordinated with the IT Operations staff.
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery planning.
- Strong experience in AS/400 Administration including patching and OS/400 upgrades
- Prior knowledge of: CL (control language), operations automation software, tape management systems, scheduling and report distribution software.
- Disaster Recovery experience – familiarity with replicating database and file libraries to different system
- Prior Leadership experience a plus
- Familiar with job scheduling, file transfer products like Robot, GoAnywhere MFT
- Websphere knowledge a plus.
Create Job Alerts