About the Company
Our client is a very well-established financial services firm with an ever-increasing presence throughout Western New York. They have made a huge commitment to Technology in order to better serve their clients and community. The list of projects on the horizon is extensive and will require employees who are willing and able to grow their skillsets.
About the Job
- This is an ideal position for an Experienced Network Engineer to transition to an Architect Role.
- Working with a very experienced manager (with over 20 years of experience in this organization), you’ll be provided with the tools and support to achieve that goal!
- Our client has several major new technology initiatives planned for the next several years, including Network Access Control, a replacement/upgrade of MDM and, most importantly, a migration to cloud infrastructure.
- In this position, you’ll be asked to document existing architecture/systems, research/evaluate new initiatives/standard and then assist (at a very high level) in the implementation of these initiatives.
- You will be responsible for creating, enhancing and maintaining procedures, job aids and architectural standards for enterprise technologies.
- Additionally, you’ll take responsibility for creating and maintaining the IT infrastructure graphics portfolio including but not limited to architecture diagrams, process flow diagrams, system configuration charts, system integration mapping and data mapping documents.
- One highly-visible initiative is the migration of systems to the cloud. In this role, you’ll use your extensive Server and Network knowledge and experience to document existing architecture and systems. Once completed, you’ll be the key player responsible for the evaluation and selection of cloud provide and will play a high-level role in the migration process.
Once successfully on-boarded, this position may be HYBRID from Rochester or Buffalo locations, There is the expectation that at least three days will be spent ON-SITE.
To be considered for the role, we’d love to see the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of experience working in the IT Architecture, Systems and/or Network engineering field working with Microsoft operating systems, system security experience and a strong knowledge of on-premise and Cloud-based system delivery
- Knowledge of Technology Enterprise architectures that include multiple hardware and software environments including complex heterogeneous systems; Computer and Network system design
- Strong understanding of IaaS, SaaS & PaaS solutions
- Industry certifications (ITIL, PMP, Certifications in Azure Solutions, AWS Solutions, or Equivalent IAT II/Security+ Certification) would be a huge plus.
This employer offers an incredible array of employee-focused benefits, including a pension and low-cost insurance optionsCreate Job Alerts