About the Company
Our client is a global industry leader with several business units headquartered in Buffalo, NY. They are seeking an experienced IT Project Manager to assist with their implementation of an ITSM toolset to span both infrastructure and application areas.
Duration: 10 month (with potential for extension)
Anticipated Start Date: November 2021
Location: Remote for now- Return to Work date has not been scheduled. Some on-site work in Buffalo, NY may be needed after pandemic.
Working hours: 8:30 – 5:00 pm EST
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+years’ experience as an IT Project Manager accustomed to managing multiple, high visibility enterprise projects.
- 5+ years’ experience managing projects using Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall methodologies
- 5+ years project experience in the IT space (infrastructure, software development, help desk, etc.)
- 3+ years of business operations a plus
- international experience a strong plus
- Review the Project Document (Charter, Project Origination Proposal, etc.) to ensure accuracy at the start of the program/project.
- Formulate an adapted project plan and corresponding project plan(s) for each program stream to reach the program objectives and benefits within the defined frame:
- Understand project interdependencies and other competing efforts.
- Refine the business case if required
- Refine the project scope, schedule, activities, milestones, and main expected deliverables
- Refine the project budget if required
- Identify detailed project team, resources, and allocation
- Engage stakeholders and define roles and responsibilities
- Define a communication strategy between project stakeholders and set up project governance and instances
- Define and indicate applicable quality procedures (issue management, risk management, escalation management, deliverables acceptance…)
- Highlight project interdependencies with other projects
- Work within the defined project management methodologies/frameworks.
PROJECT EXECUTION & MANAGEMENT
- Organize and hold project level execution kick-off meeting(s),
- Ensure commitment to the project workstreams from team members, customers, or stakeholders
- Execute the corresponding project plan(s) from planning to closing
- Organize, coordinate, and lead the project team(s) and activities
- Manage resources, develop schedules and individual responsibilities to perform project activities
- Manage project related costs and budget
- Supervise suppliers in charge of project activities, manage relationships with the suppliers (from signature of the contract to final validation of the project or activity deliverable)
- Supervise and monitor project workstream progress against approved plan
- Coordinate, summarize and ensure the quality of issued approvals and deliverables
- Advise on possible modifications of objectives, completion constraints or environment changes
- Analyze and manage project workstream risks and issues, implement risk management plan
- Close the project workstreams and submit final deliverables with a formal handover to the RUN teams
COORDINATION AND REPORTING
- Coordinate the activities of all project workstream team members
- Ensure the circulation and distribution of information regarding project management
- Mediate in the event of any differences between the team and other stakeholders
- Use project management tools to track performance and schedule adherence
- Keep the stakeholders notified of project workstream milestones and evolution through regular project status reporting
- Work with Portfolio Management Officer, other project managers and area managers to manage project workstream and other project interdependencies
- Provide regular updates on the project workstream status, risks, progress and KPIs to the Portfolio Management Officer
- Help to create and promote the organizational culture of project management
- Act as an advocate for best practices in project management
- Project Management
- Multitasking of multiple project workstreams with specific project plans
- Identifying and addressing problems and risks.
- Working with multiple stakeholder groups at various levels of the organization
- Project documentation.
- Stakeholder communications, negotiations, and problem-solving.
- Aligning or realigning deliverables with program outcomes.
- Project Workstream Financial Controlling / Reporting and Project Management Office
- IT Project Management
- Piloting Unit of work for Build
- Project Planning
- Project Scheduling
- Scope management
- Stakeholder / relationship management
- Project Administration / Controlling / Reporting / Project Management Office
- Processes, methodologies, and tools
- Risk Management
- Financial Acumen
- Spend Management (Invoicing controlling) and Spend Forecasting