IT Infrastructure Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The IT Infrastructure Manager role is responsible for managing the IT Infrastructure functions to align Information Technology related services which meet or exceed company expectations. The manager will work closely with Senior managers and other decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost effective technology solutions for the company.
The IT Infrastructure Manager will ensure that the company’s IT infrastructure is monitored and functioning as effectively as possible.
The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for overseeing the team that manages, monitors and maintain multi-office network, network security, servers, storage and infrastructure. Monitors data replication and backups. Manages e-mail, network security, web and spam filtering and disaster recovery solutions. Oversee mobility, phone and video-conferencing capabilities. Manage internal IT staff as well as vendors and consultants. Responsible for the design, build, configuration, deployment, maintenance and support of entire IT Infrastructure including communications (audio and video-conferencing), web conferencing, hardware and software asset management and tracking. Participate in client sponsored security audits.
The IT Infrastructure Manager oversees the network, systems and security staff, providing direction, career development and performance evaluations. This manager will work closely with new and existing vendors to establish sound partnerships, find cost effective solutions and sustain agreed upon service level agreements. This manager is expected to travel to all company offices, providing the entire membership with a direct point of contact for communicating concerns, desires or expectations as they relate to Information Technology resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design and execute short term/long term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs.
- Maintain virtualized server environment, SAN/NAS storage, Fiber-Channel/iSCSI, backup, and blade chassis environments
- Manage multiple VMware environments.
- Must be familiar with network protocols including TCP/IP and have a strong understanding of subnetting and VLANS.
- Maintain network integrity via performance monitoring and sound security procedures.
- Help maintain inventory and lifecycle management of data centers.
- Manage and upgrade network servers, including but not limited to Exchange server cluster and SQL Server cluster environments and must be familiar with server technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and IIS.
- Support SAN storage, remote access servers, backup technology and virtual server environments.
- Support and manage Windows Desktop environment, Windows Server, SQL Server, SCCM, Live Communication Server and SharePoint environment.
- Make recommendations to Director of IT Operations for procedure and technology changes that would improve existing infrastructure technologies.
- Hands-on style – willingness and competence in producing necessary changes in company’s infrastructure and processes.
- Provide solutions on discovered or created problems and work on special projects as assigned by Director of IT Operations.
- Manage email spam and web filtering solutions.
- Manage and maintain servers supporting mission critical business and legal/litigation applications.
- Design, install, test and deploy supporting servers and associated hardware and network infrastructure in support of business goals. Research and resolve hardware, software and network problems with other members of the technical staff or by contacting vendors directly.
- Responsible for daily monitoring and maintenance of data backups in support of business continuity, disaster recovery and data restoration capabilities. Responsible for monthly testing of data restoration capabilities.
- Coordinate with vendors and outside consultants when equipment requires servicing. Place service calls, maintain service history logs, ensure that parts are ordered and installed, and follow-up with appropriate staff to be sure the problem was solved.
- Coordinate and assist the Director of IT Operations and the CIO with the design and planning of disaster recovery and business continuity solutions with and review impact of server changes and additions to disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Review logs to monitor security threats and health of network servers.
- Determine the cause of malfunctions involving server hardware, operating system or applications and resolve as needed to restore system functionality.
- Notify and update the Director of IT Operations of all equipment problems and document their resolution or system changes.
- Submit regular server reports and maintain logs of server failures.
- Keep computer rooms in a clean, orderly, neat and professional manner.
- Document, publish and distribute all system changes and procedures to IT staff
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions to meet business objectives. Perform analysis of expected time and monetary costs vs. benefits, short term/long term growth, technology requirements and upgrade path.
- Participates in the development of the IT budget, IT Strategic Planning.
- Recommend policies, standards, practices and security measures to assure effective and consistent information and operations
- Monitor and optimize system performance.
- Document systems and cross-train other team members for a strategic depth of knowledge.
- Conduct system maintenance and upgrades in available maintenance windows outside of normal business hours.
- Attend vendor sponsored training classes, seminars, webinars, conferences for company supported server, security, desktop and mobility solutions and cross-train IT staff as appropriate to ensure cross-functional support can be provided. Proactively develop skills, knowledge and ability to improve processes and procedures and keep updated on trends and developments in the industry. This includes meeting annual personal development goals. Study existing products, new products and technologies to advanced level of knowledge.
- Manage, train and evaluate assigned IT staff.
- Produce policies, procedures and work instructions necessary for sustaining IT operational efficiency.
- Conduct interviews and hire new members to the IT Department as needed.
- Attend vendor sponsored training classes, seminars, webinars, conferences for company supported hardware and peripherals including audio/video-conferencing hardware and applications. Proactively develop skills, knowledge and ability to improve processes and procedures and keep updated on trends and developments in the industry. This includes meeting annual personal development goals.
- Assist IT Team with other tasks as needed.
EXPERIENCE/REQUIREMENTS: Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively prioritize work and communicate effectively with users on all levels. Must possess an excellent command of the English language (both oral and written). Must have patience and exhibit a positive customer friendly attitude and work in a team environment. Should possess a strong technical understanding of the various hardware, software and networking systems being supported. Ability to learn new techniques and implement new procedures. Take ownership of and troubleshoot problems and follow through to resolution.