About the Company
Our client is a long-standing organization with suburban headquarters in the Buffalo area. They are a highly profitable, employee-centric organization that strives to continually modernize technology and processes in their IT group.
*Top notch benefits including generous PTO & Bonus
*Hybrid work arrangement that is ideally 1 day/week but a couple times a month is more typical.
Benefits & Perks
- Annual Bonus
- Low-cost medical, dental and prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible, hybrid work schedule
- Very generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Training / Certifications / Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with match
- Additional Company Funded Retirement Savings Account (even if you don’t contribute to 401K)
- Free parking, onsite gym and cafeteria
About the Job
Our client is looking to add a Security Analyst / Firewall Administrator to their growing Information Security Team. If you enjoy wearing a variety of hats in the Information Security space, this is the job for you! While Firewalls will be your primary responsibility, there will be plenty of opportunity to get your hands in other areas of security. Newly implemented hardware and ongoing projects in the firewall, data diode & NDR space will provide great learning opportunities.
- Perform system administration of security hardware and software, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems including configuration and upgrades.
- Perform required firewall software and security patches in conjunction with established maintenance windows
- Create, edit and manage network access lists and security policies, adhering to change management procedures
- Monitor systems and respond to and analyze alerts
- Assist or lead Security related projects including new technology implementations.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of corporate Firewall Administration experience.
- Familiar with Enterprise firewall technology ( Check Point, Palo Alto, ASA, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant NIST controls helpful
- Passion for Information Security, willingness to learn and collaborate with a team.
- Excellent communication skills