Job Title: Human Resources Manager
SUMMARY: The HR Manager coordinates and manages the day-to-day activities of the human resources department such as administration of policies, recruiting, compensation & benefits and employee relations by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; reviews and revises HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation; maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
Counsels and advises supervisors and managers on employee relations issues; receives employee complaints and acts accordingly in conjunction with company policy to resolve them.
Administers employee benefit plans to include health, dental, life, and disability insurances, retirement/pension plans, paid leave, and leaves of absence and
performance review process.
Performs administrative duties such as maintaining personnel files and maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment;file workers’ compensation and disability claims; tracking leaves of absence; track and process education reimbursement program; files reports of accidents and injuries and forwards claims to the specified carrier when appropriate
Recommends appropriate training for supervisors/employees and schedules accordingly.
Responsible for complying with the company’s Environmental Policy Manual, applicable work instructions and reporting any environmental nonconformance and/or potential nonconformance to supervision or management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or closely related field required
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management preferred
- Seven plus years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting is preferred
- Understanding of federal and multi-state regulations relating to payroll, Workers’ Compensation, labor laws, leave laws and safety