About the Company Located just south of downtown Buffalo, our client is a well-established international industry leader that employs over 1600 employees across multiple locations in the US. Due to organic growth and recent acquisitions, they are building out their Information Technology department.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly collaborative team with lots of exciting project work.
The Help Desk Administrator will provide support to end-users remotely and desk-side. The individual responds to help requests and identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. In addition to workstation support, this position includes significant exposure to datacenter and server operations.
This position is On-Site, Monday – Friday.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
• Receive and resolve incoming help requests from end users in a courteous and professional manner. This includes documenting the entire support lifecycle from origin through all steps taken until resolution is complete.
• Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate problems when required to the appropriately experienced technician.
• Use software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, forums, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems. Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users from this research.
• Maintain and report on operational systems such as backup and monitoring.
Education / Experience
• Two years’ professional experience in a related field or the equivalent in pursuit of a degree Skills/Abilities
• Applicants are expected to have a knowledge base on IT systems including:
• Microsoft Windows workstation operating systems
• Microsoft Office products including Outlook
• PC hardware break/fix troubleshooting
• IOS and Android mobile devices • Domain services: MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Printer Server, File Sharing • Office 365 Administration