The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (FP&A Manager) will perform budgeting, forecasting, and
analysis that support major corporate decisions made by the Controller, CFO, and CEO. The FP&A
Manager will use quantitative and qualitative analysis of operations to evaluate the company’s progress
toward achieving goals and mapping out future goals and plans. This individual will provide upper
management with analysis and advice regarding how to most effectively utilizes the company’s financial
resources to increase profitability and grow the company at an optimal rate, while avoiding putting the
company at financial risk.
Monthly Close, Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Conduct in-depth revenue and expense variance analysis and communicate clear and concise
explanations (actuals vs budget, actuals vs forecast, and period over period actuals)
• Compile monthly KPI data and reports issued to the Company’s executive leadership and
• Work with accounting team to improve accuracy and completeness of financial information
• Prepare, review, and distribute monthly financial reports to senior and executive management
• Analyze and report on current financial status, key trends and forecast implications
• Monitor and analyze volume and operational metric reports
• Prepare and review Executive Level presentations on monthly and quarterly financial
performance and initiatives
Annual Budgeting and Short-Term Forecasting
• Compile the Company’s annual budget as well as monthly forecast projections
• Execute a clear and simple budgeting process and perform procedures to ensure relevant and
reliable financial data is made available
• Educate and assist functional leaders during budgeting process
• Perform variance analysis and periodically communicate results to functional leaders
• Develop and maintain strategic financial models to test various scenarios and analyze corporate
• Provide detailed comparisons and variance analytics vs. baseline financials (i.e. budget, forecast,
• Drive business leadership to proactively manage expense structures to maintain profitability in
any market climate
• Manage financial modeling, analysis and compliance activities
• Analyze business opportunities, research industry, market and company trends
• Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed
• Develop, maintain, and distribute ad-hoc reports as needed
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Directs and oversees Financial Analyst.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
• Establish and enforce quality and reliability standards.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff.
• Accounting/GAAP knowledge
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Experience in database management
• Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills in interacting with management, peers, and direct reports and
proficient presentation skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX and IBM Cognos is a plus
• Previous experience in production or manufacturing industry preferred
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field is required.
• Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred (MBA, CFP, FRM, CMA)
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in preparing and maintaining financial models, budgets,
reporting, consolidation, and financial analysis.
• Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or management experience required