Publicly traded organization headquartered in Buffalo is seeking a Financial Auditor.
- Perform audits in various financial and operational areas of the organization.
- Responsible for planning, examining, evaluating and documenting the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and operating procedures.
- Monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting as part of SOX compliance
- Identify and communicate opportunities to strengthen controls, improve processes, and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Participate as consultants on special project assignments as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Prior experience in corporate internal audit or public accounting is desirable.
- Working knowledge of accounting/auditing practices, principles and procedures is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a deadline driven environment.
- CPA or CIA licensure is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with Data Analytics