Our client is a Smart Building Services provider and integrator. Their technologies enable efficient and economical use of resources/utilities to improve the comfort of the occupants. They are expanding RAPIDLY by acquiring similar companies throughout the United States. They’ve asked for our help filling the role of Cyber Security Engineer. This position ideally is located on -site but they will consider hybrid or fully-remote for the right person.
This is a ground-level opportunity to help set the standards for Cyber Security Best Practices with an extremely stable, growing company!
1. Assisting the Director to evaluate the organization’s security needs and establish best practices and standards accordingly.
2. Handle all Cyber requests submitted through the Help Desk ticketing system quickly and efficiently, including assisting in any security breach investigations.
3. Designing, implementing, maintaining, overseeing, and upgrading all security measures needed to protect organizations’ data, systems, and networks.
4. Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
5. Ensure various system’s logs collected and perform regular audit checks.
6. Troubleshooting all security issues and incidents.
7. Routinely conduct penetration testing and scanning to identify any vulnerabilities in the network and systems.
8. Assist in the creation of procedures and knowledge base articles.
9. Provide guidance on Cyber best practices to others within the IT department.
10. Maintain active certifications and training.
11. Complete additional duties as assigned.
1. A degree in Cybersecurity, computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification.
2. 2-4 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
3. Various Industry Standard and Cisco security product certifications a plus.
4. Experience with the functionality, operation, and maintenance of firewalls and various forms of endpoint security.
5. Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
6. Up to date knowledge of the latest Cyber Security trends and hacker tactics.
7. Must be able to prioritize and quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems using a wide variety of tools.
8. Respond to emergency situations effectively, maintaining poise and focus.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicate technical issues to System administrators in a clear, comprehensible manner.
10. Commitment to quality and solution-oriented service.