ComputerPeople has been retained by an Amherst-based client to secure a Cyber Security Analyst. As the Cyber Security Analyst you will identify and resolve issues to prevent cyber-attacks on information systems and to keep computer information systems secure from interruption of service, intellectual property theft, network viruses, data mining, financial theft, and theft of sensitive customer data, allowing business to continue as normal. Additionally, you’ll help design, install, and manage security mechanisms that protect networks and information systems against hackers, breaches, viruses, and spyware.
- Analyzes data to spot trends and creates tools to support research efforts.
- Mitigates threats by gathering information and developing plans, and monitors networks for security breaches.
- Develops best practices and security standards, and trains users on security protocols.
- Creates and tests disaster recovery procedures to keep IT running in the event of a security breach.
- Responds to incidents, investigates violations, and recommends enhancements to plug potential security gaps
- Utilizes specialized expertise, up-to-date knowledge & proficiency in analysis, forensics, and reverse engineering to monitor and diagnose malware events & vulnerability issues resulting in Web threats that facilitate cybercrime, including malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, information warfare, and hacking.
- Makes recommendations for solutions, including hardware and software programs that can help mitigate risk.
- Designs firewalls, monitors use of data files & regulates access to safeguard information & protect the network.
- Keeps up-to-date on current virus reports and protects networks from these viruses.
Trains users, promotes security awareness, develops policies and procedures, and provides updates and reports to management and executive staff.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science systems analysis, cybersecurity and application development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies. This can include: encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, IPS, WAF, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail & access-lists.
- Demonstrates a high aptitude for complex problem analysis and resolution.
- Solid understanding of vendor hardware configurations and software concepts both in the current environment and future technologies.