The Corporate controller is responsible for:
-Managing the monthly closing process, preparation, and presentation of the monthly consolidated financial statements.
-Preparation of various journal entries to support the closing process
-Assist with annual insurance renewal process and audits
-Responsible for leading, mentoring, coaching, developing a diverse team of associates and team members.
-Development of job descriptions, goals and objectives, and annual performance management process
-Experience leading cross functional initiatives collaborating with other functions to improve process and drive operating cost reductions.
-Evaluation of financial performance including variance analysis and performance improvement opportunities
-Partner with CFO on development and implementation of metrics, and annual budget process.
-Partner with CFO on various projects, initiatives to drive companywide performance improvements
-Treasury management including domestic and foreign banking and cash flow forecasting
-Responsibilities for multi-state sales tax compliance and reporting.
– Managing Fixed Asset and depreciation reporting
-Assisting with the annual audit
– Path for development to CFO
-Other Ad hoc reports as defined by CFO
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MBA/CPA preferred
– 5+ years experience as a Controller
– Demonstrated job stability
– Strong working knowledge of accounting and auditing practices, principles and procedures
– Ability to work in fact paced environment
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Highly proficient computers skills