Premier WNY organization has an immediate need for a Controller.
- Is a key manager in the operation of the Accounting Department.
- Provides analytical, administrative, and financial information to the company owners and high level managers.
- Knows proper accounting methods and instructs his or her team members in those methods.
- Participates in discussions with managers to assist them in achieving their respective objectives.
- Maintains the most up-to-date profit and loss information available in a timely manner.
- Initiates discussions with General Managers to provide them with advice and support that will help them to achieve their respective dealership objectives.
- Works with other managers in planning, forecasting trends, reviewing and revising plans on an ongoing basis and initiates such discussions as necessary.
- Promotes the development of his or her team members.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of retail facility sales, profits, and expenses under his/her responsibility.
- Conducts long-term planning for those franchises assigned to him/her.
- Participates in meetings or initiates meetings to discuss decisions affecting all dealerships.
- Is able to take on special projects and have them completed within the required time frame.
- Continually looks to implement and develop more efficient means of operation.
- Develops and implements internal financial controls.
- Is capable of conveying necessary information (in writing and verbally) to company managers when requested.
- Must be capable of working independently to effectively manage his or her time and work flow.
- Is a leader in many ways; is decisive and capable of conveying necessary information to other leaders.
- Is willing and able to keep communication lines open with leaders and team members and consider different viewpoints and recommendations as part of the decision making.
As an Upper Level Manager
- Is highly analytical with much time spent planning, analyzing and synthesizing financial data.
- Requires the completion of numerous routine reports
- Interacts consistently with leaders and team members to exchange and coordinate the flow of paperwork and information.
- Recruits, hires, and develops employees
- Is responsible for the finance reporting and general ledgers of the select franchises
Management/ Business Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal regulations and laws
- Ability to administer payroll
- Ability to administer purchase orders and fixed assets
- Ability to establish and maintain key filing systems including financial records and team member folders
- Ability to conduct basic financial analysis
- Leadership skills including delegation, empowerment, coaching, supervision, organizing and planning
- Interpersonal skills including conflict resolution (both interdepartmental and intradepartmental)
- Ability to take an interest in team members including proactively promoting their appropriate development
- Working knowledge of bank and insurance terminology and processes
- Knowledge of computer systems for data analysis and management reporting
Strong knowledge of accounting application and methods (Debits and Credits)Create Job Alerts