Compliance Manager Job Overview
Hybrid role, individual needs to be able to go into Buffalo, NY office or Cleveland, OH office.
Essential Job Functions:
• Run quarterly stakeholders’ meetings, including escalation of items and coordination of recurring activities
• Oversees the annual testing and attestation process
• Escalates potential gaps in compliance
• Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders
• Maintains ongoing evidence of compliance
• Coordinates regulatory examinations as well as internal and external audits.
• Monitors and assesses any changes to the ruling and/or business that impacts the ruling
• Establishes a strong working knowledge of the data requirements and process flows to maintain compliance.
• Provides systems analysis, design, configuration, implementation and support for software.
• Provide guidance and training to new staff.
• Ensure all records, backup documentation and work papers are maintained in accordance with operating standards and procedures.
• Responsible for updating internal policies and procedures.
• Identify ways to streamline and implement action plans to create more accurate and timely results, as well as improve efficiency, which may include developing and testing functional enhancements to reporting systems.
• Participate simultaneously on multiple work efforts and high priority activities.
• Perform special projects and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
• Adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Information Technology, or Finance or related field)
• 7+ years of banking, treasury or financial services industry experience working with customer data within major banking products, specifically deposit products
• Detailed working knowledge of FDIC 370 regulations preferred
• Working knowledge of technical aspects of regulatory reporting tools, including data sourcing, and ability to change configurations, layouts and mapping.
• Proficient in database querying and data transformation
• Experience using large, complex data sets from multiple sources to support analytical processes
• Proficient knowledge of data mining concepts and approaches
• Organized self-starter who will take ownership of process and is comfortable working in a remote, digital environment
• Develops and manages relationships with regulators and internal stakeholders
• Effectively manage workflows, influence others, and delegate work to implement solutions and achieve business opportunities.
• Maximizes the use of automated technology to achieve the highest level of quality and efficiency in the preparation of regulatory reports.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; high level of deadline-driven sense of urgency; attention to details, accuracy and accountability.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Interest, willingness and ability to assimilate information quickly and succinctly.
Create Job Alerts