About the Employer:
Headquartered in downtown Buffalo, our client is an industry leader with 22 locations and over 800 employees in the US and abroad. If you are looking for an employer that is growing and is committed to embracing state of the art technology this is the job for you!
Our client was named to Fortune’s List of the Country’s 100 Best Workplaces. They have been ranked for five consecutive years among the Best Companies to Work for in New York State and twice named the Best Place to Work among all large employers in Western New York. They also ranked among the top 10 large employers in 3 other states they operate in.
Company is currently working a HYBRID work schedule.
About the Job:
Lead the design process, manage existing networks and monitor the traffic. Work in coordination with the software and hardware teams to get the necessary network equipment in place. Collaboration with the network engineers, network administrators and other professionals in network setup and configuration. Assess the existing network technologies to increase the performance, security & efficiency. Examine and evaluate the network performance and make changes wherever required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use existing network traffic information to estimate the growth of the network. Lead role in upgrading the network equipment from time to time. Provide recommendations to make accurate upgrading to the network and ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure the appropriate Security equipment is in place
- Manage and monitor the networking systems. Lead scheduled maintenance on network systems to avoid any down time due to networking issues.
- Create and maintain documentation of the network design including network drawings, text descriptions and equipment configurations.
About the Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a Cisco environment
- Cisco Certification Preferred
- Experience with the following technologies; Cisco Switches, Fortigate Firewalls, MPLS, SD-WAN, Meraki Wireless, VMWare, Citrix, and SQL.
- Solid understanding of networking components such as routers, modems, adaptors, switches, and servers.
- In-depth understanding of communication technologies like wireless, mobile applications and telecommunications systems.
- Strong project Management Skills
Salary and Benefits:
*Competitive salary based on experience
*Full Benefits package
*Casual dress code including jeans
*Great location downtown in walking distance to popular restaurants & theatre district.