Back to all jobs
The Assistant Controller is a key member of the Finance Team reporting directly to the Corporate Controller and working closely with the Director of Finance and CFO. Primary responsibilities include management of accounting team, timely monthly financial close cycle, financial statement preparation, G/L, P&L, Balance Sheet variance reporting, job cost analysis, cash management, and assisting in preparation of detailed monthly forecasts and annual budget process.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial stewardship and reporting on all cash activity and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all company financial transactions and reporting.
- Manage billings, receivables, construction work in progress, payroll, inventory, fixed assets, and all general ledger activity.
- Provide accurate, reliable, and timely monthly financial statements, variance reporting, executive financial summary, KPI’s and contract status reports.
- Assist in preparation of detailed monthly forecasts and annual company budget process.
- Manage all company insurance policies, insurance renewals and audits.
- Coordinate and oversee all annual external audits and preparation of tax returns.
- Establish and maintain documented accounting systems, processes, policies, and procedures to guide accounting team members, minimize waste and maximize efficiency.
- Act as a mentor for all team members and future leaders by providing frequent feedback and taking great interest in their well-being, success, and career progression.
- Projects as assigned to improve processes, efficiencies, and profitability.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Bachelors and/or master’s degree in accounting.
- 5-7 years of progressive leadership and proven success in all areas of accounting along with prior management of accounting team with 3+ staff members.
- Success with overall business financial reporting responsibility. Experience in Construction accounting preferred but not required.
- Must be a self-motivated, detailed oriented and a strategic team player capable of performing at a high level under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional work ethic and willingness to have flexible hours to ensure that all deadlines are met with a High Performance, No Compromise mentality.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills with the ability to quickly prioritize and communicate effectively.
- Must possess the highest degree of integrity and ethical standards