Identify, reconcile, and post customer and miscellaneous payments to open accounts receivable from daily cash receipt deposits and cash reports generated daily by automated cash processor and balance to daily bank deposit. Research cash transactions as needed. Keep informed of all reimbursement terms/conditions, billing procedures and tax regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Post cash receipts (checks, credit card, eft, and wire transfer funds) to open accounts receivable for both US and Canada
- Reconcile daily cash reports from in-house system to daily bank transaction details
- Manually process web billing and credit card transactions
- Reconcile customer payments accurately based on remittance detail that may include discounts, rebates, and other misc. deductions.
- Record accounts receivable adjustments as needed
- Collaborate with other departments and customers regarding payment discrepancies (i.e., short payment of invoices, tax deduction, etc.)
- Support accounting dept. with month-end closing as needed
- Support other finance functions as needed (i.e., Fixed Asset reporting, Sales Tax)
- Require at least two years’ experience in cash application in an automated environment and preferably credit and collections experience along.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in excel
- Experience with Oracle, SAP, or any other modern ERP system
- Good communication and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal, ability to work well on a team
- Fundamental accounting knowledge
Create Job Alerts