Accounting Manager – Financial Services
This Accounting Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the company’s general accounting function and systems, ensuring the integrity of the general ledger and resultant financial statements. The scope of responsibility includes managing the internal investment operations and reporting related to the company’s highly diversified investment portfolio. The Accounting Manager will also supervise the payroll and benefits administration functions.
· Plans and manages the company’s annual independent audit and prepares annual GAAP financial statements.
· Coordinates tax preparation process and ensures accurate and timely filing of all tax returns and other regulatory compliance.
· Maintains and administers accounting software, reporting tools, and interfaces between third-party systems.
· Supervises all investment back-office functions including receipt of financial information from fund managers, processing of capital calls, and recording of investment distributions, including in-kind stock distributions. Reviews all related accounting entries in ledger.
· Manages the valuation process for ~275 investments across all asset classes. Has a thorough understanding of accounting entries and valuation rules, and reviews all NAV adjustments posted in the ledger. Works with accounting staff to investigate and resolve discrepancies in the private investments’ portfolio between calculated NAV and capital account statements provided by fund managers.
· Maintains detailed financial information in the accounting system related to the Private Investments portfolio to support reporting for investment team.
· Reviews and reconciles private investment commitments and records adjustments for new investments, recallable distributions, write-offs, allocation adjustments, etc.
· Manages monthly close process. Drives all monthly and quarterly internal investment performance reporting.
· Communicates key metrics regarding portfolio performance to management. Reconciles all investment activity with external advisor and investigates discrepancies.
· Performs daily bank account reconciliations and assists Controller in managing company’s cash flow.
· Supervises company’s accounts payable function, including 1099-MISC/NEC reporting.
· Manages company’s fixed assets.
· Assists in annual administrative and capital expenditures budgeting process.
· May assist program staff with financial analysis related to grantee reporting.
· Supervises the timely processing of monthly payroll, ensuring that compensation, benefits, voluntary deductions, and tax withholdings are accurate.
· In coordination with the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator, manages the employee benefits programs, and ensures appropriate enrollments and timely and accurate payments to benefits providers.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· 5+ years or more of combined accounting and auditing experience.
· Investment accounting and/or back-office administration experience strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of professional practice in financial accounting and reporting, internal controls and external reporting.
· Ability to read, interpret, and analyze GAAP and IFRS financial statements.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot and v-lookup functionality. Ability to analyze large data sets and identify patterns and gaps within the data.
· Demonstrates ability to problem solve and gather/analyze information skillfully and efficiently.
· Detail oriented, well organized, and strong communication skills.
· Sound judgement with the highest ethical standards.
· Team player with collaborative mentality.
· Positive attitude and a commitment to being part of an energetic and goal oriented work environment.
· A level of motivation conducive to independent work and effective team contributions.
Create Job Alerts