WNY organization has an immediate need for an Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the accuracy of the financial statements and accounting records for all entities in the company’s portfolio. Continuously improve the company’s accounting processes, while serving as a business partner to other divisions of the company to improve financial performance.
- Manages the activities of the accounting department including the supporting accounting books and such other records for all entities owned and managed by the Company.
- Ensures adherence to sound, generally accepted accounting principles
- Analyzes and reports financial results to corporate management on a timely basis, providing data critical to the management decision-making process.
- Continuously review Company accounting processes and the internal controls environment to ensure world class controllership. Take initiative to drive improvements as identified, including leveraging technology to ensure the department is operating efficiently.
- Establishes and carries out company and departmental objectives and coordinates the efforts of department personnel toward reaching those goals.
- Responsible for the accounts payable and receivable functions and underlying processes for cash receipts, cash application, and deposits.
- Work with business leaders, assisting with accounting/finance questions and problem solving.
- Complete all assigned activities as part of the month end close process; ensure the reconciliation of all key accounts on a monthly basis, and all accounts on an annual basis; research and fix any outstanding variances.
- Participate in completion of special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and experience with accounting systems.
· Previous accounting experience