Back to all jobs
The Accountant manages the accounting functions at the school: AP, AR, and cash receipts, and all banking for 5 bank accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all purchasing activities, reviewing accounts payable invoices for accuracy and getting approval for payment.
- Paying accounts payable invoices through e-banking every Thursday
- Preparing Account Receivable invoices as needed
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations on 5 bank accounts
- Monitor banking Fraud Protection
- Collect credit card receipts, process and reconcile credit card statements and post transactions monthly to accounting software system
- Process and pay Semi-monthly 401K/403B contributions, process and pay monthly Employer 401k 5% contribution based on employee gross wages. Compile, complete and submit end of fiscal year reporting to ACSI.
- Prepare and submit monthly NYSTRS reports
- Maintain correspondence to Board and file required reports monthly in EPIC
- Complete 5500 reporting requirements regarding 403B/401K accounts
- Compile and complete Quarterly DBL / PFL reports
- Compare school Payroll Accounts with Quarterly Paylocity Payroll Reports
- Post all cash receipts and bank deposits into bookkeeping software.
- Compile, print and mail 1099’s in bookkeeping software at year end.
- Act as liaison with accountants and auditors
- Cross train and serve as backup for payroll processing